Monday, June 19, 2023

            Welcome to my first-ever blog! 


        Hello and welcome to my first blog post! My name is James Estores VIllasis, and I am a participant of the 9th Batch of the SEA-Teacher Student Exchange Program. I came from the Philippines and am currently pursuing a Bachelor of Secondary Education with a major in Social Studies at Capiz State University Burias Campus.

     This blog post was made to highlight the terrific and incredible experiences I had while working as a pre-service teacher in Indonesia. This practicum offers immense personal and professional growth opportunities for me. It allows me to step out of my comfort zones, adapt to new environments, and develop a deeper understanding of diverse cultures and perspectives.

    Also, I acquire valuable intercultural communication skills, enhance problem-solving abilities, and become more adaptable and flexible in their teaching methodologies. This opportunity also provides an excellent chance for me to improve my language skills and develop fluency in another language. The process of interacting with students, colleagues, and the local community in my host country language promotes linguistic growth and cultural immersion for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Message of Gratitude As my time as a pre-service exchange student comes to an end, I want to express my heartfelt appreciation and gratitu...